LISZT FRANZ "SELECTED PIANO PIECES" CDMAN 177
Label: Bomba-Piter, Gallery of Classical Music, 2005.
Weight: 90 г.
Short description: Jewel box.
Liszt's music, especially written for piano, was always famous for its virtuosity. Not every pianist possesses all technical things, which were performed by Liszt at ease. The piano boiled under the fingers of great maestro, cadenza's came on one sigh, diamonds of passages changed the avalanche of chords. Since that time few pianists excelled the outstanding Hungarian in piano skills, and there is only few composers, who could write such a vivid and virtuosic pieces for the piano.
Vladimir Mischuk - St-Petersburg's pianist, at the peak of career, performs Liszt very inspiring. Possessing wonderful technique skills, he plays every single note with incredible easiness, which is possible only if the artist is absolutely free and fills it with sense, this is the only way to perform Liszt, because empty fingers-run over the keys is meaningless.
Mischuk pays great attention to dynamic side (changing the sound from diabolic fortissimo to piano amoroso), to rich palette of sound-colors, and to flexible feeling of time.
While listening to "Liebestraum" you feel the excitement of a romantic feeling, mysterious strength of "Mephisto-Waltzer" and "Hungarian Rhapsody" subdues and winds round, "Sonnets by Petrarca", filled with rich harmonies brilliant passages and philosophical recitations gives the new sight to the lyrics of Italian poet .
Piano is the Liszt's soul. The mystic soul, which combines in it's music kindheartedness with Satan fury, deep feeling with a pomp, tendency to the publicity with rare inner austerity.
1. Hungarian rhapsody №2. 10:23
2. Dreams of love. 05:02
3. Forgotten waltz in F sharp major. 03:01
4. Three sonnets by Petrarca from the cycle ''Annees de Pelerinage'' deuxieme annee-Italie. A sonnet №47. 07:38
5. Three sonnets by Petrarca from the cycle ''Annees de Pelerinage'' deuxieme annee-Italie. A sonnet №104. 06:59
6. Three sonnets by Petrarca from the cycle ''Annees de Pelerinage'' deuxieme annee-Italie. A sonnet №123. 08:02
7. La Campanella (from '' Greater etudes on Paganini '') 04:55
8. Consolation №3 in D flat major. 04:38
9. Mefisto-Waltz №1 (Dance at rural small restaurant) 12:34
Vladimir Mischuk - piano.
Recorded by Petersburg Recording Studio, 2002г.